Image Map

A Friday Five (#4) Across the Universe by Beth Revis

3/15/2013



Each Friday I'll feature one of my favorite books or a book I read in the last week and come up 5 words to describe it.  View it as a super mini review.  This week I'm featuring the first audio book I have ever listened to Across the Universe (Across the Universe #1) by


I don’t normally listen to audio books because I don’t have the time/place to listen to them.  I had to go on a road trip last week, and I did an audio book instead of music. Here are the words I would use to describe this book:


  1. Futuristic
  2. Defiant
  3. Alluring
  4. Compelling
  5. Steady

Futuristic:  I think this is pretty self-explanatory. The book takes place in the future and imagines situations that may happen. I don’t recall if we ever got a date of when this takes place, but it’s easy to imagine humans moving in this direction.
Defiant:  I felt the characters were all defying the expectations placed on them. They were never content to go with what was expected of them, and it made for some pretty great character development.
Alluring:  There was something very alluring about the story and imaging how I would react in many of the situations if I were confronted with them. The whole story drew me in.
Compelling: I really couldn’t wait to find out what happened to these characters.  This book really made the 6 hour (each way) road trip fly by. When I got to my destination and still had half the book left I wanted to get back to it and kept thinking about it until I finished it on the way home.
Steady: This refers to the general pace of the book. While there were some slower parts, and some quickly moving scenes, the general feeling was on of steadiness and a well-balanced story.  The story unfolded very steadily.  


3 comments:

  1. I agree with all of the 5 words but definitely with compelling! I wanted to know what was going to happen to the characters too and never wanted to put it down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this book and could not agree more with the words you chose. Love the idea of these posts in general too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your review. Sounds great.

    ReplyDelete