Image Map

Feature & Follow Friday (#12)

5/10/2013


The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read.


This week's Question: 

Happy Mother’s Day! Who is your favorite mom from fiction?

 

It took me all of a second to think of this one. I don't know if it's because this book is fresh in my mind from reading it in March, or if there just aren't a whole lot of strong mother figures in YA.  My favorite Mom from fiction, without a doubt has to be Mindy Sheridan. She is so protective of her family, but so funny and supportive.  She came to the U.S. without knowing anyone but had a strong determination to fit in. She respects her son enough to respect his choice in girlfriends.  She is what every parent should be.



8 comments:

  1. Lucky! I had to browse through my shelves to remember the last book that even had parents in it. I love the cover that book, btw. Definitely going to check it out. New Follower @ Linky, GFC, and BlogLovin'.

    Starry Storm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Networked Blogs! Forgot about that.

      Delete
  2. Eleanor and Park looks really great! And I've heard nothing but amazing things about that book.
    Old follower
    my F&F
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/05/friday-56-30-feature-friday-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!! I've been seeing a lot of this author's books around lately! Think I need to look her up!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't read this yet. I'll have to check it out.

    I'm a new follower.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read it... I'll take a look! Thanks for the suggestion.

    New follower!

    Julianna Smith
    http://readingintwilight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely agree. Park's mother is incredible. One of my favorite parts of such an amazing book.

    http://ejreadsbooks.blogspot.com/2013/04/eleanor-and-park-by-rainbow-rowell.html

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of this book before. I'll have to take a look at it. :) Thanks for sharing!

    My FF Post

    ReplyDelete