Image Map

Teaser and Top Ten Tuesday (#15) 06/18/13

6/18/2013


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
 





From pg. 15

Ruby knew she hated the stairs, but she was always of the opinion that if you hated something, you just had to run right through it.  Ellie was more of the sneak-up-and-hit-it-with-a-shovel persuasion.




Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten Books At The Top Of My Summer TBR List

Although most people consider anytime after Memorial day to be summer, some of my most anticipated books of summer have already come out.  So I am going to limit my list to books that come out between the Summer Solstice, June 21st-Fall Equinox Sept. 22nd. 

Truly, Madly, Deadly by
This looks like an awesome and addicting book.  I was bummed I missed out on a copy on Netgally, but I'm hoping to pick it up at ALA.

The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #2) by
This barely made the cut-off, but it made it, so here it is. She is one of my favorite authors, and I really enjoyed the first book.  I can't wait to see what happens next.  Once again, I really hope they have this at ALA.
United We Spy (Gallagher Girls #6) by
Another September book, but man I'm looking forward to it.  I may shed a tear for the end of this fantastic series. 
Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea (Between #1) by
Sad, but true story: I've had an ARC of this since January.  I am waiting until closer to release date to read it, but it looks awesome.
False Sight (False Memory #2) by
Another ARC I've had since January.  I really enjoyed the first book and I'm looking forward to this one.  I will be reading this next month.
Infinityglass (Hourglass #3) by
Another series coming to an end.  I can't wait to see how this turns out too.
Midnight Frost (Mythos Academy #5) by
I love this series.  I'm really looking forward to the next installment.

Dirty Little Secret by
Love the author, can't wait for the book.  This one looks awesome.



The Distance Between Us by
This looks like my favorite type of book.  I'm actually looking forward to this one more than any others.  I am REALLY hoping they have it at ALA since I am looking forward to it so much.

Awaken (Abandon Trilogy #3) by
I will be the first one to say that this series has not been my favorite of Meg Cabot's.  There are some major issues.  However, I am really looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.





11 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to Awaken as well and feel similarly about the series. Love the teaser tuesday extract! I'm a shovel girl, totally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pumped about Midnight Frost and Dirty Little Secret too. The Mythos Academy series is one of my favorites right now. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice tease! Can't wait to read your review on that one!

    Nice picks too! I read an ARC of Awaken and I really liked it! Hope you enjoy all your summer read picks!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo many good books. We actually have quite a few in common. I can't wait for The Dream Thieves, but didn't include Sept books. Great list!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dirty Little Secret is SO GOOD! And The Distance Between Us looks like an awesome read. Great picks :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dirty Little Secret, The Distance Between Us, Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea - you just about nailed all of my wants this summer!
    Happy Reading and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read pretty much *everything* on your list. Especially Dream Thieves! I'm so jealous of all the ARCs floating around for that. :)
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AH. United We Spy...yep, definitely will cry. The Distance Between Us and Dirt Little Secret was forgotten on my TBR list, so I'm kicking myself now. As well as Awaken because it's staring RIGHT AT ME. Love the list :)

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to read so many books on this list! Great list! And thanks for stopping by mine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! A lot of those were on my list, but didn't make it to my TTT list. Thanks for stopping by!

    Shannon @ Rex Robot Review

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had The Scorpio Races on my list, but not The Raven Boys (which I've had for even longer - I need to get on that one as well). The Distance Between Us is one of my most anticipated summer releases!

    ReplyDelete