Image Map

A Friday Five (#18) Two-Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt

10/04/2013


Each Friday I'll feature one of my favorite books or a book I read in the last week and come up 5 words to describe it.  View it as a super mini review.  This week I'm featuring:


I feel like it's been forever since I actually finished a YA book, so it's been way too long since I did one of these.  Here are my five words:

  1. Funny
  2. Sweet
  3. Quick
  4. Youthful
  5. Common

Funny:  There was some funny dialog in this book.  Not side splitting humor, but I did smile quite a few times.

Sweet:  Ultimately the story was sweet.  Nothing was particularly offensive, and just kind of had a sweet tone to the whole story.

Quick:  I love a quick paced book, and this definitely fell into this category.  It really only took a few hours to read.

Youthful:  Although this is definitely for the upper YA crowd, there was still such a youthfulness to it.  These characters definitely acted their age.  They were also not in situations that were beyond their age.

Common:  I didn't find anything particularly unique about this book.  I feel like you can find pretty much the same book throughout the contemporary genre.  


1 comment:

  1. This book sounds interesting. Slightly funny could be good, but common seems a bit meh. Maybe I'll hold off on this one.

    ReplyDelete