Image Map

Top Ten Tuesday (#36) (11/26/13)

11/26/2013


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
 

Top Ten Things I Am Thankful For


Here are the bookish things that I am thankful for:

1. Goodreads--I know I've mentioned this before, but how did I live without Goodreads before it came about? No, it's not perfect, but I use it ALL THE TIME.

2. My local public library--Once again, I have mentioned how much I love my library before.  If you are reading this and haven't been to your library, do yourself a favor and go.  Even if you only read via ebook, there are still free ebooks to read at the library.  Get yourself a card and go!

3. The publishers--I have major issues with self-pub books.  I read them, but inevitably it can't keep up with the books released by the publishers.  I'm not saying they are all great books, and some I question how they were ever published, but by in large, great job.  Plus they are so generous to both librarians and bloggers.

4. Netgalley/Edelweiss--Really these are great services for both librarians and bloggers.  I'm glad this service exists and the publishers are so willing to work with them.  What a time saver!

5. Other bloggers--Your creativity and enthusiasm for books is just awesome.  So many of you are just awesome.


Here are the non-bookish things I am thankful for:

1. My family--Both my immediate family and my not so immediate family.  This has been a tough year and they have been awesome.

2.  My job--I have a fantastic and understanding boss that has been so supportive.  Plus I work with some great people.  I am really in the profession I was meant to be in.

3. My friends--Really what would life be without good friends to share your hopes, dreams and struggles?  Those people who are there for you when you need them the most.

4.  My neighbors--I live in a suburb in a major metropolitan city, and I seriously have the best neighbors in the world.  In a million years you would never think that this was a suburb.  It's like a fantastic small town where everyone helps and looks out for each other, and yet you have all the convenience of a big city.

5. The scientists, inventors, and researchers of technology--I know this is weird, but where would we be without these inventive creative people?  Our lives have changed so much from their work in such a short period of time.  The Internet as we know it has only existed since 1996.  Less than 20 years!  I can't wait to see what they come up with next, I just hope I can keep up!



2 comments:

  1. We have many the same this week! I'm also super grateful for NetGalley/Edelweiss and the wonderful book blogging community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would probably need to add Netgalley to mine as well. Edelweiss? Not so much. They tend to say no to me a LOT! No idea why either. I have the same information on my account as I do at Netgalley. So weird...

    Enjoy the the time with your son!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete