Image Map

Top Ten Tuesday (#40) (12/31/13)

12/31/2013


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Top Ten Books I Read In 2013

So this list is pretty much the same as it was when I wrote my mid-year post.  It makes me sad.  I don't know if I was just in a huge reading slump, or if I didn't like anything because I was pregnant and cranky.  I have also read very few books in the last 6 weeks.  Where it used to take me a few days to read a book, it now takes me weeks.  I am hoping as the baby gets older, I will have more time to read.


Eleanor & Park by
I knew any book would have a hard time beating this as my favorite of the year, and I was right.  It stayed number one easily.
Review
The Moon and More by
Although not my favorite Sarah Dessen book, I did love it.  It earned this spot.
This Is What Happy Looks Like by
I can't wait for her next book to come out.  If it's anything like the last two, I know I'll love it.  This easily earned it's spot.
Review

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3) by
I stayed away from all reviews and spoilers for the entire Hunger Game series, so I went into this with a really open mind.  I was shocked to find out later how many people hated this book.  I have read the criticism, and I get what people didn't like, but I thought the changes in Katniss were organic and realistic, yes she changed, but so did her world.
Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin #2) by
This lived up to all my expectations, I loved it. 
Review
Everbound (Everneath #2) by
I really need the final book in the series NOW.  It will probably be one of the first books I read next year.

Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2) by
I liked this one better than the first book.  I can't wait to find out how it ends.
Looking for Alaska by
I have actually started to push this book on people who don't normally read YA.  Months after reading it, it has totally stuck with me.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16058488-dirty-little-secret
Dirty Little Secret by


 Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles #1) by
I loved this book, and the 2nd book was right up there too.  It landed at #19 on my list of books I read this year.  I am really liking this series, and I can't wait to see what happens next.







3 comments:

  1. Great List!! I loved Fangirl and added Eleanor and Park to my TBR list recently. All of Jennifer E. Smith's books and the Everneath series are still on my TBR list as well.

    I love Sarah Dessen, but I haven't read her latest book yet.

    Here is my TTT: http://www.jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2013/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-i-read-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh nice list! Only one I read here was Alice in Zombieland, and I LOVED that one! Such an awesome series!! I keep debating over the Shatter Me books. Keep hearing mixed things on it. Maybe one day!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. You've got some really amazing books on your list. I really want to read some Rainbow Rowell this year, I've heard nothing but good things about her book. Happy New Year :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete