Image Map

"Waiting On" Wednesday (#52) The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne

7/30/2014

“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm picking:

The Wrong Side of Right by
Expected publication: March 17th 2015 by Dial 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22504702-the-wrong-side-of-right


From Goodreads: 
Fans of Sarah Dessen and Huntley Fitzpatrick will enjoy this smart debut young adult novel, equal parts My Life Next Door and The Princess Diaries.

Kate Quinn’s mom died unexpectedly last year, leaving Kate grasping. But when the totally unexpected shows up in her living room, Kate must confront another reality she never thought possible—or thought of at all. Moving in with a politically powerful family she never knew she had, joining a presidential campaign in support of a man she barely knows, and falling for a rebellious boy who may not have the purest motives—this is Kate’s new life. But who is Kate? When what she truly believes flies in the face of the campaign’s talking points, Kate must decide. Does she turn to the family she barely knows, the boy she knows but doesn’t necessarily trust, or face a third, even scarier option?

Set against a backdrop of politics and family conflict, this is a story of personal responsibility, delicious, complicated romance, and trying to discover who you are even as everyone tells you who you should be.



Why I'm Waiting:
I have been burned by comparisons to Sarah Dessen in the past, but this one looks really promising.  Plus it's from a debut author, and I do love reading books from debut authors. 



4 comments:

  1. I love the cover art but I'm not sure if I would like the story. Hope you enjoy it!
    Monique @ Mo_Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this before, but it sounds really good! Thanks for sharing. I'll have to check it out.
    Ariel @ Bookish Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered this one today, and I think it sounds great!! Great pick!
    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds good, it's just the political aspects that has me hesitating :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete