Image Map

"Waiting On" Wednesday (#75) A School for Brides: A Story of Maidens, Mystery, and Matrimony by Patrice Kindl

1/28/2015

“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm picking:

A School for Brides: A Story of Maidens, Mystery, and Matrimony by

Expected publication: July 14th 2015 by Viking Juvenile


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23281631-a-school-for-brides?from_search=true


From Goodreads: 

The Winthrop Hopkins Female Academy of Lesser Hoo, Yorkshire, has one goal: to train its students in the feminine arts with an eye toward getting them married off. This year, there are five girls of marriageable age. There’s only one problem: the school is in the middle of nowhere, and there are no men.  Set in the same English town as Keeping the Castle, and featuring a few of the same characters, here’s the kind of witty tribute to the classic Regency novel that could only come from the pen of Patrice Kindl!


Why I'm Waiting:

Keeping the Castle was a fun read, and this one looks like it will be equally fun. 


6 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting, I think I'll go check out Keeping the Castle! Great pick! Here's TTT

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally meant to type "my WoW", not TTT. I'm a day off. I should go to sleep, lol.

      Michelle

      Delete
  2. That's a new to me one! Doesn't sound like my kind of read but still hope you love it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard this one but it sounds pretty good! I'll have to read it this year since I'm getting married in November lol! Great pick :) Check out my WoW:

    Crystal @ Books Unbound

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this author before but the book sounds pretty interesting :) Hope you enjoy it when it releases!

    My WoW
    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm. I hadn't seen this one before. Thanks for putting it on my radar! Off to add it to my TBR now! :)

    ReplyDelete