Image Map

Top Ten Tuesday (#87) () Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books

4/14/2015


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
 
Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books

Is it wrong that I don't really pay much attention to book quotes, and a single quote really doesn't inspire me?  Quotes that really stick with me tend to make me laugh, but really they need the context of the book to be funny, if you take them outside the book, they no longer seem funny.  I think that goes for inspirational quotes too.  So for what it's worth, here are my 10 favorite book quotes that I find inspiring in some way.


“What you have to decide... is how you want your life to be. If your forever was ending tomorrow, would this be how you'd want to have spent it? Listen, the truth is, nothing is guaranteed. You know that more than anybody. So don't be afraid. Be alive.”
Sarah Dessen, The Truth About Forever 

“Forcing girls to be ashamed for doing the things that come natural to them — it's a ridiculous double standard, and we should all, frankly, tell anyone who judges us to screw off.”


“You have to know what you stand for, not just what you stand against.”

“I think everything is happening all the time, but if you don't put yourself in the path of it, you miss it.”

“I am coming to terms with the fact that loving someone requires a leap of faith, and that a soft landing is never guaranteed.”
Sarah Dessen, This Lullaby  

“Sometimes you lose a battle. But mischief always wins the war”

 “Do not accept an evil you can change.”
E. Lockhart, We Were Liars 

“Well, first you have to be very, very funny. I have realized that it is essential for a boy to be funny. Otherwise, what is the point in a boy?”
Jaclyn Moriarty, The Year of Secret Assignments 

“It takes forty muscles to frown, and only twelve to jam a cupcake in your mouth and get over it.”
Sarah Ockler, Bittersweet

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire  
 
 
  


3 comments:

  1. Great quotes! I loved Not That Kind of Girl and The Year of Secret Assignments and I remember reading those lines. The Speak and the Harry Potter quotes are pretty much essential to every day life.

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh nice! Love the HP one! I sifted through a lot of these on GR!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just the opposite - I love quotes! I like the We are Liars one - so true.

    ReplyDelete