Image Map

"Waiting On" Wednesday (#87) Young Widows Club by Alexandra Coutts

4/22/2015

“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm picking:

Young Widows Club by
Expected publication: November 10th 2015 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23310742-young-widows-club?from_search=true


From Goodreads: 

First came love, then came marriage, and then...

For seventeen-year-old Tam, running off to marry her musician boyfriend is the ideal escape from her claustrophobic high-school life on the island, and the ultimate rebellion against her father and stepmother. But when Tam becomes a widow just weeks later, the shell-shocked teen is forced to find her way forward by going back to the life she thought she’d moved beyond—even as her struggle to deal with her grief is forcing her to reinvent herself and reach out to others in ways she never imagined.


Why I'm Waiting:

This looks like it will be totally unique.  I don't know if I've ever read a YA book, where not only does the main character get married so young, but becomes a widow. Not only that, but there would be enough to form a club?  Or is it a club of one?  Either way, I'm intrigued.


6 comments:

  1. Oh, wow...I'm totally intrigued by this one. It's new to me, too. Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound like a unique story. Doesn't sound like my kind of read, I don't really read contemporaries. But I hope you will absolutely love it once you read it!


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick!! I added this one to my TBR list a few weeks ago when I found it on a WoW post.

    Here is my WoW: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2015/04/waiting-on-wednesday-saint-anything-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so interesting, I haven't seem many YA books on young marriage. Brilliant pick!
    My WoW
    Naomi @The Perks Of Being A Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Sounds so good and unique! I'm adding it to my reading list. November's too far away!

    I hope you like the book! Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete