Image Map

"Waiting On" Wednesday (#98) A Drop of Night by Stefan Bachmann

7/08/2015

“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm picking:

A Drop of Night by
Expected publication: March 15th 2016 by Greenwillow Books

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17735579-a-drop-of-night



From Goodreads: 

Five gifted teenagers are selected out of hundreds of other candidates to fly to France and help with the excavation of a vast, underground palace buried a hundred feet below the suburbs of Paris. Built in the 1780's to hide an aristocratic family and a mad duke during the French Revolution, the palace was sealed after the aristocrats fled there. No one has set foot in it for over two centuries.

Now, in the present day, the teenagers enter with cutting-edge technology, state-of-the-art security, scientists and chaperones. And then a brutal accident occurs. No way out. Caught in the dark.

They will have to fight to survive. But are they really alone in the depths?



Why I'm Waiting:

This looks like it will be pretty creepy and suspenseful.  Add in the fact that I am a sucker for books set in Paris, and it looks like it will be a book I will love.


4 comments:

  1. This sounds so good! Creepy, too. I'm definitely a sucker for anything about underground Paris. Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I like creepy! This definitely sounds like an intriguing read!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does sound creepy and suspenseful. It's like LOST, something attacking out of the dark, fighting amongst themselves... I can totally see it. Sweet.
    Hope you get to enjoy. Great pick. =) My WoW

    ReplyDelete