Image Map

Top Ten Tuesday (#121) (01/19/16) Top Ten Books I've Recently Added To My TBR

1/19/2016

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
 

Top Ten Fifteen Books I've Recently Added To My TBR (The best of ALA Mid-Winter)


This list is supposed to be books that I recently added to my TBR list/pile. Just an FYI, I differentiate between a pile and a list. My pile is the books I have either physically or electronically.  Those that are on my list I may or may not have.  So this list is strictly those that have been added to my pile, most likely they were added to my list a while ago.

Since I got back from ALA last week and all my books recently arrived, and there were a lot more than 15, these are the books I'm most excited to read that I picked up at ALA, I just couldn't limit myself to only listing the ten I'm most excited to read, so I had to extend it.  I am actually proud of myself, I really made an effort to limit the number of books I picked up, and for the most part I was pretty successful in keeping to my goal.  Here are my 10.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25663637-when-we-collided
Expected publication: April 5th 2016 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens

I made a point to go to Bloomsbury to get this book.  Emery Lord is one of my favorite YA authors, so I made sure I had a copy of this book. On a separate note, I brought four books back with me in my suitcase because I wanted to make sure there was no way I was losing it.  This was one of the four.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27067869-remembrance
Expected publication: February 2nd 2016 by William Morrow 

The second book that ended up in my suitcase, I was walking and I saw someone with a finished copy of this book.  Needless to say I booked it to the Harper Collins booth to pick up my own copy.  I can't wait to read the continuation of this series.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23174274-glass-sword
Expected publication: February 9th 2016 by HarperTeen 

I may, or may not have positioned myself at the door nearest to Harper Collins so I could beeline right to their booth to get this book. I would have been devastated if they hadn't put this out the first day, because I lost out on other books I really wanted since I was in session and wasn't around when they set them out. Lucky for me, they had a nice big stack of them. This one also ended up in my suitcase.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26109391-highly-illogical-behavior
Expected publication: May 10th 2016 by Dial Books

There are so many things I love about going to ALA. From getting fired up from a professional aspect, networking with my colleagues, to meeting authors, and to situations that are similar to this one.  I had NO idea that Penguin had picked up the rights to this book.  John Corey Whaley's first two books were published by Simon and Schuster, and I would have been looking to them for his new book. I quickly found out that this book is from Penguin. They had a scheduled passing out of this title, and I may or may not have been one of the first five in line to pick up my copy.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23203106-wink-poppy-midnight
Expected publication: March 22nd 2016 by Dial Books 

 The final book that in put my suitcase, I am so excited I got a copy of this book.  Her books are just so twisty and interesting, and I can't read to read this one.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22840421-my-lady-jane
Expected publication: June 7th 2016 by HarperTeen

I don't have a good excuse for not putting this book into my suitcase other than by time I got a copy I was pretty brain dead. I adore these authors, so I'm hoping this book will live up to all my expectations.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27069136-beware-that-girl
Expected publication: May 31st 2016 by Delacorte Press

I used to read a ton of mysteries, but I don't read nearly as many anymore. This one looks awesome though. It's set in NYC which I love (see next week's TTT), and it's set in a private school which is another thing I love.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26085520-everland?from_search=true&search_version=service
Expected publication: May 10th 2016 by Scholastic Press

I do enjoy a good retelling, and this looks like it could turn the Peter Pan story on it's head. I can't wait to see how this come together.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25785357-firstlife
Expected publication: February 23rd 2016 by Harlequin Teen

This is so not my normal read, however, I adored Showalter's last YA series, so I am looking forward to reading this book. I don't think I've ever read anything like it, so wish me luck!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26030737-the-new-guy
Expected publication: April 5th 2016 by Poppy

I love a good romantic contemporary that won't tax my brain. This looks like it will be perfect to fulfill that need.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23716100-rocks-fall-everyone-dies?from_search=true&search_version=service
Expected publication: June 7th 2016 by Kathy Dawson Books 

The publisher gave me quite the scoop on this book and it sounds bizzare yet awesome.  I really enjoyed Ribar's first series, so I am looking forward to getting to this book.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26067503-shuffle-repeat?from_search=true&search_version=service
Expected publication: May 3rd 2016 by Random House Books for Young Readers

I've been burned by books that claim that they are part this or that and if you are a fan of this, you'll love this book. But the tag on Goodreads on this book combine everything I love. That's all I need to know to make this book one that I can't wait to dig into.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25203675-the-star-touched-queen?from_search=true&search_version=service
Expected publication: May 3rd 2016 by St. Martin's Griffin

This looks like it will be an awesome fantasy. I don't read much fantasy, when it's done right, I adore it. I hope this book lives up to my expectations.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22537367-summer-of-sloane?from_search=true&search_version=service
Expected publication: May 3rd 2016 by Disney-Hyperion

I'm going to age myself a bit, but one of my favorite books from way back was a book called Follow That Boy. I read the heck out of it, maybe 30+ times. The reason I bring this up is that the book takes place in Hawaii, and while this book looks to be quite different, there is something about the description that makes me think of that old favorite. Therefore, I am really excited to read this book.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25756328-love-gelato?from_search=true&search_version=service
Expected publication: April 12th 2016 by Simon Pulse

It take place in Italy. Nothing else needs to be said. I am a sucker for books that take place in certain locations, and Italy is one of them.


3 comments:

  1. LOOOOOVED Remembrance!! I was a huge fan of the Mediator series wayyyyy back in the day, so this one was just awesome! And ooh The Star Touched Queen is one I am curious about! Holding off on requesting it because I rather read reviews and then decide!

    Wink Poppy Midnight is another I have my eye on and of course I cannot wait to read The Glass Sword! Awesome upcoming reads! At least I hope they're upcoming! ;)

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I have several of these on my own wishlist, though My Lady Jane is the most recent one that I have added :)

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete